Many people don’t realize that your grocery store may offer many FREE services that they don’t know about!
Over the years I have learned of many FREE services my stores offer. Here is a list of 10 Little Known FREE Grocery Store Services!
10 Little Known FREE Grocery Store Services!
1. Does your store have a Dietitian on staff? Many do and they can:
- help you plan out meals
- teach you about food allergies
- help you learn how to better read labels
- help teach kids about nutrition.
Check with your store and see if there is a Dietitian on staff and what services they offer.
2. The butcher is your friend! When my kids were young, I used to grab a cheap canned ham off the shelf and take it to the meat department and let the butcher cut it in thin sandwich slices. I would separate it into 1 lb bags and freeze the excess! I t was cheaper than the deli or the pre packaged meats and sliced thinner and lasted longer!
3. The butcher can also tenderize your meat for you, as well. Get to know your butcher and what they can do for you to make your life a little easier and dinner a bit faster!
4. Again with the Butcher! If you prefer to choose your own beef and have them grind it for you, they will do that instead of buying pre packaged hamburger meat – this way you’ll know what’s in yours.
5. The butcher can also tell you how to cook specific meats and even offer recipe suggestions!
6. Chalk up another one for the Butcher – I told you they are your friend! The butcher can trim you cut of meat for you.
7. The butcher seems to be winning here – they can cut up a whole chicken for you.
8. The deli or bakery area of your store will slice whole loaves of bread.
9. The deli will slice cheeses for you, too!
10. The Pharmacist is a great resource! They have been specially trained regarding prescriptions and over the counter meds and can tell you what to use, when to use it, and how they interact even with your vitamins! Many a night I have called the 24 hour Pharmacist when I had a sick child and they were able to help me determine if I needed a Dr. or what I could use until morning when the Dr. would be available. This is an awesome FREE resource!
Most of the time these things aren’t advertised and that’s why you don’t know about them. So, remember these next time you head out to your store! We can use all the help we can get to make our lives a little easier and save us time, too, for; fr:!
You might also like: