18 Everyday Uses For 20 Mule Team Borax! Have you ever used 20 Mule Team Borax? I used it when my oldest was a baby. I used it in her cloth diaper pail, yeah, I tried the whole cloth diaper thing… with the first one! The other three wore disposable, for sure!
But, I hadn’t tried it again until recently.
- 100% Natural Mineral. Once it’s removed from the ground, it’s washed, dried and boxed for purchase!
- It is produced by the evaporation of seasonal lakes
- There is NOTHING added, no chlorine, no phosphates, no other added chemicals
- It naturally softens hard water, which maximizes your detergents cleaning power!
- Keeps stains from being re-deposited on the clothes in your wash
I also found out years ago that Borax is good for other uses as well. You can use it to clean and freshen things all over your house. One use I found especially helpful and interesting, was years ago we lived “in the country”, and our dogs got fleas and we had a terrible time getting rid of them and keeping them out of the house.
A friend told me that she accidentally found out that Borax is great for getting rid of fleas! She had spilled some under her kitchen table and when she was cleaning up she found dead fleas under there! She also tried it with sugar ants and said it worked for those as well! Who knew?
Here are 18 other uses:
- Restore shine to your china: use a 1/2 cup in your dishwater to restore the shine
- Cut down on water spots in the dishwasher: add 1 tablespoon in the detergent cup.
- Mix with water to clean your aluminum pots and pans.
- Remove stains from carpet: mix into paste, rub into the stain, let dry, vacuum
- Liquid carpet stains: mix 1 cup 1/2 and 1/2 with water. pour on stain, blot liquid, repeat until stain disappears
- Fresh Smelling carpet: spray mist of water, sprinkle Borax on carpet, when dry, vacuum
- Roaches & Ants: mix with small amount powdered sugar, leave in problem areas insects will eat it and then die from the gas caused by the mixture
- Kills fleas: sprinkle Borax on floors, leave for an hour, then remove
- Clears drains: mix 1 cup with boiling water, pour down drain. Clogs will disappear
- Cat Litter Box odor: mix in with litter when changed
- Odors in mattresses and furniture (including urine): wet areas, add Borax, wait until dry, vacuum
- Trash can odor: Add small amount to bottom of trash cans to keep them smelling fresh
- Soften Hard Water which can make shampoo s and soaps less effective.
- Keep Toilet bowl clean & fresh: add 1/2 cup to toilet, let it sit for 1 hour, clean normally
- Sprinkle on floors near baseboards to repel mice
- Mix 2 tablespoons Borax, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, in 2 cups hot water to remove rust
- Put 3 tablespoons in garbage disposal, let stand 1 hour then flush with water to keep it fresh smelling
- Sprinkle on weeds to kill them, taking care not to get on wanted plants
Do you have any other uses or tips for 20 Mule Team Borax?
Share them with us!