Asparagus Lasagna with Basil Spinach Pesto Cream Sauce!
That title is a mouthful, isn’t it? But what do I leave out? I had seen the Asparagus Lasagna on Galley Kitchen but couldn’t find it again when I went to make this. I realized later that I had pinned it.
So, this is my made up recipe. I made it in a square baker and it was so good and so rich. We made it the whole meal. No salad….nothing. Of course, this was before I started Weight Watchers……cause trust me, I am not sure I would want to count the points.
Check out my Basil Spinach Pesto Cream Sauce from last Monday. I used that for the sauce. I am not saying this is a particularly quickly made dish. If you have your pesto already made and in the freezer, this will go faster.
|Asparagus Lasagna with Basil Spinach Pesto Cream Sauce|
- Batch of Basil Spinach Cream Sauce (see earlier recipe)
- 1 cup Salami
- 5 large Mushrooms
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 1/8 cup Eggbeaters
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano Reggiano
- 4 oz Italian Blend Cheeses
- Make a batch of Basil Spinach Cream Sauce that I posted last week for Tuesday’s Tasty Tidbits.
- Cook the lasagna noodles, enough for two layers in a square baker. Set aside.
- In the microwave, cook one bunch of asparagus for about 1 minute. Set aside.
- Melt two tbsp butter and 1 tbsp oil in a skillet. Add sliced mushrooms and 1 cup chopped salami and saute. Set aside.
- In a blender, put the cottage cheese, Eggbeaters, and 1/2 cup Parmigiano Reggiano and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Now for the assembly, in this order…..Cream Sauce…Noodles…Cottage Cheese Mixture…Meat and Mushrooms…Noodles…Meat and Mushrooms…Asparagus…Rest of Cream Sauce…Italian Cheese Blend
Recipe for Basil Spinach Cream Sauce (Here)
Hi, my name is Susan and I have only been blogging for a few months but I love it. Permanent Posies (Creative Chaos) is my blog and my subject matter is…well, that depends on the day and the mood. But, for the most part, I love cooking, watching the Food Network, reading cookbooks and, of course, eating. I am also an artist and spend time each week in my studio (bedroom) oil painting. I am a mother of four and a grandmother to 5 and that, along with my husband and 2 dogs, take up my most of my time. I am a side-tracked Home Executive and I had the privilege of being a stay –at-home mom so, you might say that my passion is the home and making a haven for those I love. I am quite skilled at shopping 🙂 and finding a bargain just makes my day.