Autumn at the Arboretum
The Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Garden celebrates Autumn at the Arboretum, one of the Southwest’s largest fall festivals, featuring the nationally acclaimed Pumpkin Village with four storybook themed pumpkin houses, a race around White Rock Lake, fall foliage and plenty of events. The festival runs from September 20 through November 26, 2014.
Saturday, Sept. 20
7 a.m. – The 9th Annual Tour des Fleurs, presented by Dave Perry-Miller & Associates, kicks off the opening day of Autumn at the Arboretum with a 10K/20K race around the beautiful White Rock Lake. The race begins and ends at the Arboretum.
9 a.m.-5 p.m. Opening Day of Autumn at the Arboretum
- The nationally acclaimed Pumpkin Village features four pumpkin houses created from 50,000 pumpkins, gourds and squash by the talented Horticulture team.
- Each house highlights a popular children’s storybook including “Pumpkin Jack,” “Too Many Pumpkins,” “Strega Nona’s Harvest” and “Pumpkin Town!” The storybooks, “Scarecrow” and “Cinderella,” are also featured in Pumpkin Village.
- Cinderella’s carriage and thousands of pumpkins-artfully arranged throughout Pecan Grove-create popular photo opportunities.
- Hay Bale Maze at the Tom Thumb Pumpkin Patch provides discovery and fun for children.
- Oktoberfest Garten, 11 a.m.-3 p.m.The quaint, outdoor Café on the Green serves a traditional German menu, while guests enjoy the view of beautiful, full beds of fall color.
- Piano melodies from 11 a.m.-3 p.m. by Keith Schmorr on the Dann Talley Kincheloe Courtyard.
- Garden Melodies, Weekends, 10 a.m.-4 p.m., Martin Rutchik Concert Lawn
More than 36,000 plantings-double from last year-are flourishing, thanks to the Horticulture staff growing these plants in-house. These include chrysanthemums, marigolds, rubbeckia and pennistemon.
- Kimberly-Clark Mommy & Me Mondays and Tiny Tot Tuesdays, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. every Monday and Tuesday through Nov. 25. Featuring a petting zoo, nature art, face painting and Kindermusik on the Martin Rutchik Concert Lawn.
- Harvest Tea, Monday – Friday, Sept. 22-Nov. 26, seatings at 11 a.m.and 2 p.m. Join family and friends for a delicious, 3-course seasonal tea service. Guests must be at least 13 years old. Advance reservations required by calling 214.515.6511.
- Discount tickets available at area Tom Thumb locations through Nov. 26.
- Buy One Get One Free Wednesdays, Sept. 24-Nov. 26, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Tickets can only be purchased on site.
- C.C. Young Senior Thursdays, Sept. 25-Nov. 20. General admission tickets for $11 for those 65 and older along with a 20% discount at the Hoffman Family Gift Store to those 65 and older. Tickets can only be purchased on site.
- Discounted parking available online for $5.