Choosing A Gift For The Baby
It’s always exciting whenever there’s a new baby in the family. Other than the snuggles, the giggles, and the very first coos from the little one, the next best thing about having a newborn is the shopping.
Whether it’ for a baby shower, a sip and see a gender reveal, or the first holiday, finding a great gift can be challenging since there is so much to choose from and even more options for each present.
The best baby gifts are the ones that can make the parent’s life a lot easier. This is why giving the essentials is always on the top of the list.
If you’re looking for a gift for baby or mother to be this holiday, here are some ideas for you.
You might also like: The Best Personalized Gifts For Anyone
Let’s take a look at some great ideas:
The BUGGIE HUGGIE Portable Shopping Cart Cover keeps your little one better protected. This is a must for parents wanting to keep their children happy and protected when on the go. Quick and Easy to install, one mom did it in 4 seconds. Tray section in front of the child will provide them with a place to play with toys or even enjoy a snack.
Shopping carts are often outfitted with a section for children to sit during trips to the store but often sees them standing up or squirming their way out, so the Buggie Huggie is positioned as a way to keep them safer and entertained.
The tray works by ‘hugging’ around the child once in the shopping cart and helps prevent them from standing up or potentially falling out of the shopping cart
- Free from lead, heavy metals, and phthalates
- BPA-free and food-grade material product
- Load tested up to 80 pounds
- Passed impact, torque, and tension tests
- Quick set-up & easy storage
When you have a baby or is currently expecting, it’s important to keep everything clean and sparkly.
Instead of using the usual rubbing or isopropyl alcohol, which will easily dry up the skin, try a moisturizing sanitizer instead, like the PlanetAire Wipes.
The PlaneAire® Hands: Spray Edition is a fine mist with a fresh, herbal scent which is moisturizing on the hands. Its premium ‘hand’ picked ingredients like moisturizing green tea extract, soothing inner leaf Aloe Vera, hydrating glycerin and vibrant essential oils leave your skin feeling great.
- Proven to kill 99.99% of most common germs.
- Contains 70% naturally derived Ethyl Alcohol.
- Compliant with FDA regulations and CDC guidelines.
- Formulated with our signature PlaneAire Blend™ of certified organic essential oils, Aloe Vera, green tea extract and glycerin.
- Made in small batches in the USA at a GMP FDA-registered facility.
You can never go wrong with giving clothes. Babies never have enough.
There are a lot of pieces of clothes you can give away like booties, hats, mittens, and onesies.
Keep in mind that whenever you’re buying clothes for the baby, you need to buy cotton. Avoid purchasing those with synthetic fabrics.
There are a lot of companies selling onesies for babies: One of them is Orangeheat. Each piece is made with 100% organic cotton and is soft and comfy for the little one.
Looking for some onesies, unisex cotton tops, summer dresses or shoes? PatPat has it.
This online store has everything that you need: It has clothes for all ages and gender. They also have shoes, socks, and even hats to accessorize any clothes.
Plus, all of there designs are very cute and colorful. From solid colors to different textures and prints, ruffles, sheers, and even collars.
If you are on a budget, they also have an amazing selection for their clearance rack: Get different outfits for as low as $1.99 only.
Here are some of our favorite pieces:
Where Vintage Charm Meets Modern Day Sophistication. Feltman Brothers has the best collections of baby clothes and some of the best quality made clothes you’ll find.
From summer dresses to knit caps they have you covered with their many collections of clothes for boys and girls.
You can’t go wrong with these adorable outfits for the new baby. The problem will be “Which ones do I choose?” they are all so beautiful and durable.
Don’t leave the mom-to-be defenseless and unprepared! With any diaper fail this BoomBoom Blowout Bodysuit will surely come in handy for those messy surprises. This must have design is breathable, washable, and also offers antimicrobial backs that help prevent those nasty, and always a wonderful surprise, blowouts.
- Uses organic cotton: Only the softest, naturally breathable and hypoallergenic, organic cotton for baby’s sensitive skin.
- Made in the U.S.A.
- Eco-friendly: Starting from the manufacturing process to the packaging they use.
- The back fabric of the bodysuits is infused with anti-microbial silver ions to inhibit bacterial growth and control bad odors without toxic chemicals, and proven to be safe against skin.
- Multiple colors, designs perfect for any fashionable baby.
With the cold weather here dress up your little one with style, comfort and warmth. KeaBabies Beanie Baby Winter Hats and not only stylish but decide to stretch out while baby grows and helps to retain heat and keep them extra warm. This would make a great gift for any mother to be and is machine washable for those easy quick cleans.
- 100% soft premium acrylic
- Soft and Lightweight – We know that most toddlers hate to have something on their head and they will tend to pull everything off. Our KeaBabies Baby Beanie Hat is made to be soft, lightweight and contours your baby’s head comfortably. Your toddler will not even mind having it on whole day long!
- Warm and Cosy – Heading out to play during fall and winter can be worrying for any parent. Our KeaBabies Baby Beanie Hat covers your baby’s head and ears snugly to keep them warm while playing in the cold season.
- Fits 3 to 36 Months – Sized at 6.5” by 6.5”, our Baby Beanie Hat stretches up to 10”, allowing it to grow with your baby. For infants 3-6 months or babies with smaller head circumference, we would recommend you to fold the layer with the label upwards.
- Durable and Lasting – Our Baby Beanie Winter Hats are made with 100% soft premium acrylic, intricately crafted and knitted to perfection. It is machine washable and air drys quickly. The best infant winter caps for modern families.
- Stylish and Cute – Simplicity is beauty. The puffy and modern knit style complements your baby’s adorable angelic face perfectly and looks stylish with any outfit. Our Baby Beanie Hat is definitely an everyday staple clothing accessory for fall and winter.
The Nesting Days Newborn Carrier would make a fantastic gift for the mom to be! With the patented wing design it’s easy to use and shares the comfortability feel of the wrap. Without buckles or straps, this carrier provides the baby and mom with skin to skin comfort while also functioning as a postpartum body shaper.
Mom’s from all around provide raving reviews on the easy to use design and comfort while carrying their precious little one with feet in or feet out.
When having a little one, finding them comfort while teething can be a difficult task. Hyland’s Oral Pain Relief would make a great gift for the mother to be to help her help baby. With Daytime and Nighttime oral relief tablets, you can fight discomfort any time of day!
The tablets are quick dissolving and easy to use. Designed to be safe and reliable, the homeopathic remedy works to stimulate the body’s own healing properties.
Diapers are always an excellent gift to give for a newborn or infant.
There are so many brands available in the market to choose from. But if you’re environmentally conscious, you can also choose cloth diapers.
When choosing diapers as a gift for a newborn or for a mother to be, any size is a good choice. Many people will buy newborn diapers and often babies outgrow that size before they run out of diapers. So larger sizes are always a good choice, too.
This transitional swaddle sack from SwaddleDesigns is designed to bridge the gap from swaddling to wearable blanket. If your baby is ready to transition from a swaddle, yet not ready for a sleeveless wearable blanket, the Swaddle Sack is a great option to keep the baby snug and warm, allow the baby to use his or her arm, and for the little one to self-soothe by sucking on the hands.
- Made with 100% cotton.
- The ideal transitional swaddle: Little sleeves with big purpose! When parents close the mitten cuffs on the 1/2-length sleeves, the uniquely-shaped sleeves will provide partial suppression of the Moro (Startle) Reflex, and if baby rolls over on to tummy, baby can use their arms to lift upper body and reposition head to get access to air, which makes the traditional swaddle sack a safer sleep option.
- The folder mitten cuffs may be worn open or closed. Parents can open the cuffs so the baby can self-soothe or close them to protect the little one from facial scratches.
- Has uniquely shaped arms up half-length sleep with mitten cuffs that can keep the baby’s arms close to the body, but within reach of the mouth.
- Supports the baby in a back sleeping position, allowing for multiple arm and hand positions to help baby sleep better.
- Comes with an innovative 2-way zipper.
This adjustable infant wrap has secure hook and loop closures for easy, safe swaddling. We know that when baby sleeps better, you sleep better, and our full line of wearable sleep products has been designed and tested to keep babies snug, safe, and comfy every night throughout their first year.
- The original and leading brand of swaddles
- Made from only the softest, natural 100% cotton
- The secure design creates a cozy, womb-like feeling for baby and prevents startle reflex that can wake your infant
- Soft fabric wings fasten and readjust securely with hook and loop attachments to create a perfect fit; 4-6 months or up to 33 inches
- Harness slit works with most restraints on car seats and sleeper products
Any parent would love this gift idea.
You can give baby photo albums to help the parents record the milestones of their baby. Choose one that will allow the parents to place photos and add personal details about the image.
Another great gift for baby is bedding.
Choose bedding that is quick drying. Waterproof bedding is also a plus. Make sure you know the colors of the nursery or any theme the parents may be using for the baby.
A baby carrier is a practical gift. You can choose a sling or a carrier.
Keep in mind that the carrier should be appropriate for the baby’s age. When purchasing for a smaller baby, be sure to look for something with extra neck support.
This baby carrier from Boppy is easy to use and comfortable for the baby. It makes baby wearing made easy in 3 simple steps: click, strap, tie and go. The ComfyFit Baby Carrier allows for two comfy carrying positions; front facing-in and front facing-out.
- The ComfyFit Baby Carrier is made of soft spandex material and comes in one size, making it quick and easy to share among caregivers. The fabric is UPF 50+; make sure to use sunscreen on exposed skin.
- Padded waist belt and comfortable wide shoulder straps help evenly distribute your baby’s weight. Perfect fit, no infant insert required.
- The Boppy Carrier is machine washable because little messes happen.
- One size fits most: It easy to share from one caregiver to another.
Get an all-in-one diaper bag for the parent’s convenience.
You can get something that can accommodate tissues, diapers, baby wipes, diaper rash cream, and a changing mat. You can choose a tote or a backpack.
What To Keep In Mind When Choosing A Baby Gift
Whatever gift(s) you choose, there are some factors to keep in mind. Here are some of the features that you should keep in mind when picking a gift for the newborn.
There are a lot of gift items that you can choose, but but try to make it something the parents can actually use. Practical gifts help with the expenses of having a new baby, too.
Parents will never have too many clothes, blankets, diapers, or bottles.
If this is a 2nd child, chances are they already have a stroller or a high chair. Make sure what you’re purchasing is something needed and not a duplicate.
If you need to you can ask the parents what they need most, or what they already have so that you’re not giving them duplicates.
You might also like:
Choosing a gift for the mother to be may not be a very easy task, but it is always fun. Just enjoy the process and the thought of the new life.
Did we forget anything? Please leave anything we may have missed in the comments below.