Beef And Other Meat Products Recall!
A lot of people are asking me about the beef and other meats recall.
It doesn’t look like there are any specific stores mentioned in the recall.
But, Florida, Texas, Illinois and California are 3 states mentioned.
They are recalling approximately 8,742,700 pounds of meat products because they are “unsound, unwholesome or otherwise are unfit for human food”.
They were from “diseased and unsound animals”.
According to the Huffington Post – that’s a year’s worth of meat products that were processed by the Rancho Feeding Corporation.
According to the USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service:
The following Rancho Feeding Corporation products are subject to recall:
- “Beef Carcasses” (wholesale and custom sales only)
- 2 per box “Beef (Market) Heads” (retail only)
- 4-gallons per box “Beef Blood” (wholesale only)
- 20-lb. boxes of “Beef Oxtail”
- 30-lb. boxes of “Beef Cheeks”
- 30-lb. boxes of ” Beef Lips”
- 30-lb. boxes of “Beef Omasum”
- 30-lb. boxes of “Beef Tripas”
- 30-lb. boxes of “Mountain Oysters”
- 30-lb. boxes of “Sweet Breads”
- 30- and 60-lb. boxes of “Beef Liver”
- 30- and 60-lb. boxes of “Beef Tripe”
- 30- and 60-lb. boxes of “Beef Tongue”
- 30- and 60-lb. boxes of “Veal Cuts”
- 40-lb. boxes of “Veal Bones”
- 50-lb. boxes of “Beef Feet”
- 50-lb. boxes of “Beef Hearts”
- 60-lb. boxes of “Veal Trim”
Beef carcasses and boxes bear the establishment number “EST. 527” inside the USDA mark of inspection. Each box bears the case code number ending in “3” or “4.” The products were produced Jan. 1, 2013 through Jan. 7, 2014 and shipped to distribution centers and retail establishments in California, Florida, Illinois and Texas.
FSIS has received no reports of illness due to consumption of these products. Anyone concerned about an illness should contact a health care provider.
It doesn’t sound like anything that actually made it to the stores. For more info you can go here.
Thanks, Coupon Pro Blog!