My Friend, Tamona and I have come up with a brilliant plan!
Y’all know I don’t cook much and that’s why Susan does my Tuesdays Tasty Tidbits. Well, so I thought about adding crafts, too – but, the only thing is I don’t craft, either!
At this point you may be asking what I do… I help you save money! That’s what I do.
Anyway…Tamona is going to do Make Something Mondays for us here!
Without further ado – here’s Tamona with her Chicken and Dorito Casserole recipe:
A great friend of mine asked that I post the recipe for Chicken and Dorito Casserole. Please do NOT call this King Ranch Casserole because I have respect for the recipe but this is NOT King Ranch!
My mother makes her Chicken and Dorito Casserole this way but I do know many people who use Velveeta (LORD help’em)!
You will need a whole chicken.
1. Boil a whole chicken (please season the bird or the water) and pull all of the meat off the bone.
2. Dice and saute bell pepper and onions (1 onion and 1 bell pepper) in a separate sauce pan.
4. Layer your casserole starting with the Doritos first.
- Now add chicken
- Add cheeses! You can be creative with this step. Originally we always used American sliced cheese.
- Now I dress it up a bit and toy with different cheeses. This time I am using Pepper Jack!
- Add the sauce.
- REPEAT all steps until you fill the casserole dish.
Normally, this would have been the last step but my mom always topped this casserole with crumbled Doritos. I add a little bit of crumbled cheese myself!
Bake the casserole for 20 minutes in the oven at 350 degrees!
Serve with refried beans, Spanish fried rice, or anything you can dream of…