You might be, at this point, asking what do I do?! lol I find deals for y’all!! That’s what I do!
So, anyway…Tamona is going to do Make Something Mondays for us here!
A great friend of mine asked that I post the recipe for Chicken and Dorito Casserole. Please do NOT call this King Ranch Casserole because I have respect for the recipe but this is NOT King Ranch! My mother makes her Chicken and Dorito Casserole this way but I do know many people who use Velveeta (LORD help’em)!
You will need a whole chicken and
1. Boil a whole chicken (please season the bird or the water) and pull all of the meat off the bone.
2. Dice and saute bell pepper and onions (1 onion and 1 bell pepper) in a separate sauce pan.
3. Add 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup and 2 cans of Rotel or diced tomatoes with chiles and heat for 10-15 minutes.
4. Layer your casserole starting with the Doritos first.
- Now add chicken
- Add cheeses! You can be creative with this step. Originally we always used American sliced cheese.
- Now I dress it up a bit and toy with different cheeses. This time I am using Pepper Jack!
- Add the sauce.
- REPEAT all steps until you fill the casserole dish.
Serve with refried beans, Spanish fried rice, or maybe . . .
Tamona is the author of Tamona’s Tips, a humorous website that helps people find legitimate work at home. Along with helping people find work at home , Tamona also blogs about her passion for couponing , crafts , and all things overweight . There is never a dull moment on Tamona’s Tips.