Southern Chocolate Pecan Pie!
I have a favorite pecan pie. I think I posted it before but this one was officially a Southern Chocolate Pecan Pie….though there wasn’t much difference, except the addition of Chocolate Chips. So, I thought I would share the new version.
This is another of those recipes that I have used for so long that I don’t remember who gave it to me. But once I found it, I never strayed.
Hope you enjoy! This time, I made it to serve at the Wellspring Kitchen Meal (soup kitchen). But I was able to sneak a piece before it was served. Picture isn’t great, but it will do.
Southern Chocolate Pecan Pie
- 1 cup Corn Syrup (optional: use half dark and half light)
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 cups pecans halves (I don’t chop but you can)
- 1 cup chocolate chips (or more, if you like it really chocolaty)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- dash of salt
- 1 pie shell ( I use the kind that you roll out from from the refrigerator section)
- Melt the butter.
- Blend in the corn syrup and eggs with a mixer.
- Add in the sugar and salt.
- Put the chocolate and pecans in the pie shell…..spreading them evenly.
- Pour the pie filling on top.
Bake at 350 for 45-55 minutes. (You might want to hide the pie shell edges with foil for the first part of the cooking process to keep if from getting too brown)
Hi, my name is Susan and I am a mother of four and a grandmother to 5 and that, along with my husband and 2 dogs, take up my most of my time. I am a side-tracked Home Executive and I had the privilege of being a stay –at-home mom so, you might say that my passion is the home and making a haven for those I love. I am quite skilled at shopping 🙂 and finding a bargain just makes my day.