Peanut Butter Candy! Family Favorite Recipe!
I thought this week I would make a family favorite! My Mom’s recipe – Peanut Butter Candy!
It’s easy and a fun treat to work on with the kids!
Peanut Butter Candy Recipe
(printable version below)
Peanut Butter – Smooth or Crunchy – Crunchy tends to make it less sweet (in this case that’s a good thing!)
Mashed Potato (I know it sounds odd – just watch)
You can make this with leftover mashed potatoes or with a potato you boil and mash up with a fork. You only need a small amount so it’s perfect for even a spoonful leftover from dinner.
We usually make it during the Holidays – so, you can use your leftover Thanksgiving or mashed potatoes, too!
I used a potato I boiled and smashed with a fork until pretty smooth. Put this in a mixing bowl and then add powdered sugar a bit at a time and mix by hand until it becomes dough-like.
The potato makes the powdered sugar get really thin and wet so you have to keep mixing and adding powdered sugar until you get a dough.
Lay out some wax paper and cover it with powdered sugar.
Take your dough and lay it on the wax paper and roll it out thin. You may need to add some more powdered sugar if it’s too wet while you are rolling it out.
Then smooth a thin layer of peanut butter over it, and then roll the dough up like a log.
Of course, Mom’s looks better!
Place it in the freezer or fridge until set well and then slice it and keep it cold until served.
That’s it! Fast and easy!
- Peanut Butter – Smooth or Crunchy – Crunchy tends to make it less sweet (in this case that’s a good thing!)
- 1 lb Box or Bag White Powdered Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Leftover Mashed Potatoes or make new (I know it sounds odd – just hang in there)
- Make a mashed potato (or use leftover - no gravy) You only need about a tablespoon.
- Place in mixing bowl add powdered sugar a bit at a time and mix by hand until it becomes dough-like (The potato makes the powdered sugar get really thin and wet so you have to keep mixing and adding powdered sugar until you get a dough)
- Lay out wax paper and cover with powdered sugar
- Place dough on wax paper
- Roll out thin adding more powdered sugar if need to keep it a dough-like consistency
- Smooth thin layer of peanut butter (smooth or crunchy) over your dough
- Roll dough into a log
- Place in freezer or fridge until set
- Slice and enjoy!
As you can see by the instructions, this is very sweet. The peanut butter helps cut the sweet. It is definitely a family favorite recipe handed down for years.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 74Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 22mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 0gSugar: 13gProtein: 1g