Garlic Basil Chicken Recipe!
My DIL found a recipe she thought she’d like to try, and once she made her own take on it she wanted to share it with us!
This Garlic Basil Chicken is delicious and super easy! As a Mom with a toddler it can be hard to spend a lot of time making a meal that is more than hot dogs or delivery! But, determined to make good meals plus having them be quick and easy, this was a great choice.
You could replace many of the ingredients in this recipe with processed foods, but, it’s not difficult to use fresh ingredients and then you know exactly what your family is eating and that it is healthy.
This took a total of around 30 mins to prepare: fast, easy, and delicious!
Garlic Basil Chicken Recipe:
- 2 TBSP Olive Oil
- 2 boneless skinless Chicken Breasts
- 3 cups fresh chopped Tomatoes
- 1 cup whole Spinach Leaves
- 2 tsp minced Garlic
- Kosher Salt & Ground Black Pepper to taste
- 4 TBSP Cold Butter
- 1 pinch Basil powder
- Parmigiana Cheese
- Fettuccine Pasta (or pasta of your choice)
- Heat Olive Oil on medium-high heat in large pot.
- In a different pot boil water for pasta, cook according to directions on package
- Add Chicken and cook 4-5 minutes on each side until cooked through.
- Reduce heat to medium and add Tomatoes, let them cook down a bit, 3-5 minutes
- Add Spinach, cook until soft, 2-4 minutes
- Add butter, cook until melted, stirring all ingredients well
- Add minced garlic, salt & pepper
- Cook until flavors well melded
Slice Chicken into strips and serve over Fettuccine and add parmigiana cheese to top it all off!