Since we are basically on a Ketogenic diet or “Keto” diet we no longer eat sugar and carbs. That means giving up bread, chips, pasta, and pizza, right? Well, maybe not!
I’ve found a great bread recipe I will be sharing soon. I love cheese chips which are super simple to make, as well and I will share that great recipe soon, too,
For pasta, we use zucchini, for mashed potatoes we use cauliflower which is super good with butter, sour cream, and cheese!
Low Carb Cauliflower Pizza Crust Recipe
Potatoes were the thing that made me fat in the first place and the reason I had to lose over 100lbs! I would eat them baked, mashed, french fried, or run over with a car – it didn’t matter – I had some form of potatoes at every meal – hashbrowns, chips, fries – you name it! SO, that was what I thought I would miss the most – but the cauliflower substitute is really good!
Then there was pizza… I mean come on in this day and age pizza is a mainstay in our diets! Enter cauliflower again! It’s so versatile! This Cauliflower Pizza Crust is the crunchy crispy crust and holds up to the pizza toppings well!
You might also like: Low Carb Chicken Alfredo
Cauliflower Pizza Crust Recipe
For a while, I have wanted to try some carb-free recipes (perfect for a keto diet) and Cauliflower Pizza Crust has been on the list!
Well, I finally did it and I made a video, too!
Cauliflower Pizza Crust Recipe
- 3 cups of Cauliflower – florets only (pulsed in a food processor)
- 1 egg or 2 egg whites (whites make it crispier)
- 1/4 cup Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
- Preferred spices to taste (I used: Pizza Seasoning, Oregano, Italian Seasoning, Garlic salt)
- Place a pizza stone/pan in the oven at 450 degrees before you begin
2. Pulse the Cauliflower in a food processor until it looks like snow.
4. Cook on High for 4 minutes.
5. Place the cooked Cauliflower mixture in a dish towel and remove the excess liquid from the cauliflower by “wringing” it out to get as much liquid out as possible, try to dry it out like flour.
6. Use gloves or wait for it to cool – it will be VERY HOT, right out of the microwave. I was able to squeeze out 1/2 cup, but it still could have used a little more liquid removed.
7. Once the liquid is removed mix the cauliflower and the rest of the ingredients in a bowl.
8. Oil a piece of Parchment Paper like you would oil a pan when baking.
9. Place your dough on the Parchment Paper and begin to make your crust, not too thick, and not too thin.
10. Slide the Parchment Paper with the crust on it onto your pizza stone/pan and in the oven.
11. Bake crust at 450 degrees for 9-12 minutes.
12. Remove from oven and “dress” your pizza.
13. Spread tomato or pizza sauce on your crust, add the desired amounts of your favorite toppings such as cheeses, meats, and veggies, top with cheese.
14. Place “dressed” pizza back in the oven at 450 degrees for 5-7 minutes or until the cauliflower crust pizza has crispy edges, golden brown, and the cheese melts – enjoy!
You might also like: 11 Kitchen Gadgets For Under $6
Tools You May Need
- Baking sheet
- Paper towels
- Plastic wrap
- Large bowl
- Airtight container
- Pizza pan
- Cheese cloth
- Clean kitchen towel
- Medium bowl
- Cheese grater
- Microwave-safe bowl
- Cookie sheet
- Clean tea towel
- Small bowl
Simple Ingredients You May Need
- Cauliflower rice
- Bell peppers
- Red pepper flakes
- Cooking spray
- Tomato sauce
- Black pepper
- Kosher salt
- Basil leaves
- Olive oil
- Italian seasonings
- Fresh cauliflower
- Cherry tomatoes
- Goat cheese