Secrets for Shopping at Lowe’s
Home improvement may not be as simple as you imagine sometimes. Before you start, you need to have all the tools and specific instructions to make your project a success.
Then of course you will run into problems, because as I said it’s not quite as simple as they make it look on Pinterest…
Planning to finish a quick home improvement project? Whether you’re on a budget or you simply don’t want to spend too much on materials, Lowe’s is the best place to shop.
If you love shopping at Lowe’s, here are a few secrets you’ll need to know to pinch a penny every time you shop.
Download The App
Before you head to the store, make sure to download Lowe’s app first.
This app is available to download whether you”re using an Apple or Android Device. You can use it to compare prices, read reviews, check product availability, watch DIY videos, and more!
Sign Up For Their Email Listing
The fastest way to get your hands on the latest offers, exclusive offers, and sales promotions is by signing up for Lowe’s email listing.
Receive weekly ads, tips, and even sneak peaks of the upcoming in-store events!
Signing up is easy. Just click the link at the bottom right side of Lowe’s homepage. You can also sign up for mobile alerts for faster and more savings opportunities!
You might also like: Kohl’s Savings Tips You Need To Know
Take Advantage Of Price Matching
Did you know that your local Lowe’s store not only offers a price guarantee, they offer price matching from local and online competitors?
If the item you want to purchase is an identical item for a cheaper price, all you just need to do is to print out (you can also take a photo or screenshot) the product page, go to your local Lowe’s store, and speak to one of the Customer Service representatives.
But remember that:
- If you find a lower price on an identical item at a local or online retail competitor (including shipping and handling fees), just bring us the competitor’s current ad or show a printout, photo, smartphone display or app, and we’ll match their price.
- Our price match policy doesn’t apply to certain brands; installation labor; closeout, discontinued, clearance, refurbished, used or damaged items; credit/finance terms.
- Lowe’s will not match delivery fees on items purchased at any local competitor’s store or store’s website.
- Limited to reasonable quantities.
- Can’t be combined with other discounts.
- Additional restrictions apply. See a sales associate or below for details.
This Price Match Guarantee does not apply to the following:
- Competitor service pricing including delivery and installation labor.
- Discontinued, refurbished, clearance, closeout or damaged merchandise.
- Competitor’s credit terms and finance offers.
- Price matching on free items or rebate offers.
- Senior citizen discounts.
- Competitor rebates, sales tax promotions, buy-one-get-one FREE sales.
- Advertising/pricing errors.
Purchase Items In Bulk
The more you buy, the bigger the discount will be.
Lowe’s offers contractor prices if you buy items in bulk.
Join The Garden Club
By joining the Garden Club, it entitles you to enjoy exclusive offers and savings from Lowe’s!
After signing up, you’ll receive emails containing gardening tips and hacks plus offers and promotions for members.
Some of these newsletters also come with coupons for freebies, buy-one-get-one deals, and other goodies!
Damaged Or Used Goods
Do you love haggling?
You can definitely put your skills to good use by asking a Lowe’s employee or manager to lower the prices for items that are used or slightly damaged.
Plus, Lowe’s will often give discounts for paint that customers returned or any scrap pieces of wood left from cutting another order.
Know The Best Time To Shop
Lowe’s offers big sales on major holidays like Memorial Day, Independence Day, Black Friday, Labor Day, Christmas, and New Year.
But here’s one of the dates to mark on your calendar: Lowe’s has a big sale late March to early April, dubbed the Spring Black Friday.
If you are looking to buy bigger and pricier furniture, tools, or big appliances, make sure to plan your purchases accordingly to enjoy better deals!
Check The Clearance Racks
Did you know that if a floor model is on the clearance aisle, you can ask for a better price?
Don’t be afraid to negotiate. Most employees can approve bigger discounts on floor deals.
Before you go to a Lowe’s store, make sure to find the items on clearance here:
- Visit Lowe’s Clearance Center online. Enter your zip code and you can see what’s new in your local store.
- Go to BrickSeek and enter the product code of the item you wish to purchase. This site will let you know how many items are still available.
Sign Up For A Lowe’s Credit Card
If you’re a Lowe’s Advantage Credit Card holder, you can save up to 5% off on your everyday purchase.
Here’s more: If you buy something more than $299, you’re eligible for six month interest-free financing!
By signing up for a new Lowe’s charge card, you can get 10% off on your first purchase using the card.
Use Discounted Gift Cards
Want to get an additional savings on your next purchase?
Use discounted gift cards when you pay your purchase.
You can buy discounted gift cards from legitimate sites like the Gift Card Granny or CardCookie.
You might also like: How To Shop At Costco Without Breaking The Bank
Earn More Discounts With A Competitor Coupon
You can also use a competitor coupon when you shop at Lowe’s.
But here’s the catch: You need to have your coupon approved by a store manager before you’ll be able to use it.
Take Advantage Of The Military Discount
Are you an active military personnel or a retired veteran?
You can enjoy up to 10% off eligible purchases from Monday to Sunday.
Plus, Lowe’s also has priority parking spaces for vets.
Exchange Dying Plants
If the plants you purchased from Lowe’s are dying, you can exchange them for new ones.
Lowe’s has a one-year plant guarantee. You can easily get a replacement if it’s a perennial shrub, or tree that did not make it through its first year.
All you need to do is to bring in the plant and the receipt, and you can get a new one for free.
Make your home improvements and other home projects fun and exciting — within budget. You don’t need to spend a lot of money at Lowe’s, especially if you know tips and tricks like these.
Why Don’t You Stick Around & Check These Out?:
- 20Mule Team Borax Tips
- Printable BOGO Coupon Sale Chart
- Mexican Taco Pile OnRecipe
- Just Add Water Pancake Mix Recipe
- Fluz App Tutorial
- Penny Items At Home Depot
- Did You know That You Could Be Shopping For Free?
- DIY Dollar Tree Spice Rack
- This Peppa Kitchen Playset Is On Your Kids Wishlist
- Your Pool Noodle Site DollarTree.com Is Where These Amazing Crafts Start