The Arby’s Foundation ‘Hungry for Happiness’ Mobile Tour Stops in Dallas to Help Fight Child Hunger
On Monday, May 12, the Hungry for Happiness mobile tour will visit Dallas to help raise awareness about the issue of childhood hunger and increase participation in FREE summer meals sites for kids located in the area. Summer continues to be a vulnerable time for those who rely on school breakfast and lunch during the school year. The Arby’s Foundation, the charitable arm of Arby’s Restaurant Group, Inc., in partnership with Share Our Strength’s No Kid Hungry® campaign, is committed to helping kids get the food they need.
In Dallas, many school children who rely on FREE or reduced-price school lunches during the school year currently participate in summer meal programs. These FREE programs are available to kids and teens age 18 and under at thousands of summer meals sites across the country. Sites are registered with USDA and are held at safe local places such as schools, churches and community centers.
The Hungry for Happiness mobile tour will stop on:
Date: Monday May 12th
Address: Irving Family YMCA, 2200 W Irving Blvd, Irving TX 75061
In each market, the tour will provide Arby’s® Kids Meals (which are endorsed by Kids LiveWell and include a Jr. turkey and cheese sandwich, apple slices and Shamrock Farms low-fat milk) to children participating in the summer meals program, distribute information on local resources to the public, and provide fun summer activities such as hula-hoop contests, tug of war, bean bag toss, basketball and other family-friendly games to get kids moving.
Families in Dallas can find a FREE summer meals site near them by visiting NoKidHungry.org/summer, calling 1-866-3HUNGRY, or texting FOOD to 877-877.
Dallas is one of 30 stops on the national 2014 Hungry for Happiness mobile tour. National sponsors supporting the mobile tour include Pepsi, Dr Pepper and Shamrock Farms. Arby’s is the largest quick service restaurant chain to partner in a nationwide effort with Share Our Strength’s No Kid Hungry campaign, and has raised more than $9 million for its mission since 2011. Arby’s and the Arby’s Foundation have generated significant national awareness of the childhood hunger movement by leveraging its restaurants and digital and social media properties in the fight to end childhood hunger in America.
About the Arby’s Foundation
The Arby’s Foundation, whose mission is to end childhood hunger in America, is the charitable arm of Arby’s Restaurant Group, Inc. Building on a philanthropic heritage that has contributed more than $57 million to child-related causes since its inception in 1986, the Arby’s Foundation has launched a bold new movement to educate, mobilize and empower Americans with the knowledge and resources needed to ensure food security for every single child. With more than 16.7 million U.S. children—more than 1 in 5—facing hunger daily, the Arby’s Foundation has devoted its resources to providing education and access to wholesome food choices for children across the country. The Arby’s Foundation is a registered 501 (c) (3) organization headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. To learn more, visit www.arbysfoundation.org.
About Share Our Strength’s No Kid Hungry Campaign
No child should grow up hungry in America, but one in five children struggles with hunger. Share Our Strength’s No Kid Hungry® campaign is ending childhood hunger in America by ensuring all children get the healthy food they need, every day. The No Kid Hungry campaign connects kids in need to effective nutrition programs like school breakfast and summer meals and teaches low-income families to cook healthy, affordable meals through Cooking Matters. This work is accomplished through the No Kid Hungry network, made up of private citizens, public officials, nonprofits, business leaders and others providing innovative hunger solutions in their communities. Join us at NoKidHungry.org.
How Do You Win?
Mandatory Entry: Leave a comment here telling us your favorite childhood memory.
For extra entries:
1. Sign up to receive Dian’s Daily Deals in your email <—- Click Here and sign up – then come back here and leave a comment saying you did.
2. Follow Grocery Shop For FREE on Twitter <—- Click Here and follow us- then come back here and leave a comment saying you did.
3. Add Grocery Shop For FREE to your RSS Feed <—- Click Here and add us – then come back here and leave a comment saying you did.
4. Follow Grocery Shop For FREE on Pinterest <—- Click Here and follow us – then come back here and leave a comment saying you did.
5. Like Grocery Shop For FREE on Facebook <—- Click Here and Like us – then come back here and leave a comment saying you did.
6. Follow us on Instagram <— Click Here and follow us – then come back here and leave a comment saying that you did.
7. Tweet this:
I entered to win a $30 @Arby’s Gift Card @GroceryShopForFREE.com – You Can Enter, Too! http://wp.me/pGkgR-ufQ
Then come back here and leave a comment saying you did.
8. Copy the lines below & post them on your Facebook Status:
I entered to win a $30 Arby’s Gift Card at GroceryShopForFREE.com – You Can Enter, Too! http://www.groceryshopforfree.com/hungry-happiness-mobile-tour-30-arbys-giveaway
Then come back here and leave a comment saying you did.
You can do #’s 7-8 once daily – just make sure to come back and comment after each time to get an extra entry!
- There will be 1 winner!
- This giveaway will end Saturday, May 24th, 2014 at 11:59 pm Central time and the winner will be emailed soon thereafter. Make sure you add [email protected] to your address book, so you get the email if you win!
- If the winner does not respond to my email within 24 hours then another winner will be chosen.
- Open to U.S. Residents only.
- Must 18 or over to enter.
- Winners will be chosen by And The Winner Is… plugin.