Low Carb Chicken Alfredo Recipe!
Hubby does most of the cooking and he is really good at it! I am loving all of the great sugar free recipes he cooks. Last night he made Low Carb Chicken Alfredo with Spaghetti Squash in place of the Fettuccine and it was sooo good!
Here’s his recipe:
1 Spaghetti Squash
2 boneless, chicken breasts
1 tsp Olive Oil
1/4 cup Butter
1 cup heavy Cream
1 1/2 Cups grated Parmesan Cheese
Salt & Pepper to taste
- Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat
- Add heavy cream, salt and pepper to taste, (optional 1 clove crushed garlic)
- Simmer for about 5 minutes
- Add cheese and whisk quickly until heated
- Preheat Oven to 400 degrees
- Cut squash in half lengthwise
- Scoop out seeds with spoon
- Place cut side down in a baking pan filled with enough water to cover 1/2″ of the squash
- Bake in oven uncovered for 35 – 40 minutes
- Cut chicken breast in strips
- Saute’ chicken in Olive Oil over medium heat until cooked through, but still tender
- Once chicken is cooked add Alfredo Sauce and stir until sauce is thoroughly heated
- Remove squash from oven, use fork to scrape out “meat” from inside squash. It will look like spaghetti when you scrape with the fork.
- Place squash spaghetti in bowl add chicken and Alfredo mixture
- Toss and serve, you can add Parmesan cheese, if desired. Serves 4.
This was so good and so quick and easy, too! You can also have Spaghetti Squash as a side dish!