I am going to share my favorite Sugar Free Hot Chocolate Low Carb Recipe with you today. It is one of my favorite things! Who doesn’t love chocolate?!
I love having a nice warm cup of hot chocolate in the evening. So, when I had to lose the weight, get rid of sugar, and cut carbs to a minimum, I had to figure out how I could do that without giving up the things that I enjoy.
I have found it is much easier for me to continue, after 5 years now, on my weight maintenance plan if I can find substitutes for the things I love. So, instead of giving up on breads and sweets, I have found ways to “rework” them to make them something I can have.
I have come up with a simple Low Carb, Sugar Free Hot Chocolate that makes me happy. I thought I’d share it with you!
Sugar Free Hot Chocolate Low Carb Recipe!
- 4 heaping TBSP Powdered Creamer – Any kind will do (just check the label and make sure there’s no sugar and few carbs)
- 1 TBSP Hershey’s Cocoa
- 3 tsps Torani Sugar Free Chocolate Flavoring Syrup (I buy mine at Walmart or on Amazon)
- Reddi-wip Topping (optional)
- Heat up the tea kettle to boiling
- mix Hershey’s Cocoa and Torani Syrup well
- add powdered creamer mix well
- Add boiling water & mix well
- top with Reddi-wip (optional)
I am not a real “sweet” eater, not just since my weight loss – I have never really been one. So, you may need to adjust the Torani Syrup if it isn’t sweet enough for you, or the creamer if it isn’t creamy enough, but I have found that if I use any more Hershey’s Cocoa it gets a little bitter.
There you have it quick and easy, Low Carb, Sugar Free Hot Chocolate Recipe!
If you’d like to learn more about living sugar free check out my Hubby’s blog about our Sugar Free Journey!