11 Shopping Hacks For Macy’s
You can basically find anything you’d want at Macy’s, whether it’s a gift for a loved one for a special occasion or items you need for your home or office.
Shopping at Macy’s, however, can sometimes prove tricky especially if you’re on a budget. But don’t worry, we’ve got the best tips so you can shop to your heart’s content and still save money. Let’s get going:
Sign Up For Macy’s Star Rewards
For those not familiar with Macy’s Star Rewards, it’s the store’s own loyalty program. You can sign up for free as a Bronze member, and get five points for each dollar you spend on eligible items. If you increase your total points to 1,000, you can redeem it for $10 at Macy’s Star Money.
Membership in the program also entitles you to a 25% discount coupon which you can use the next item you buy from Macy’s. Additionally, being a member of Macy’s Star Rewards also means you’ll receive a surprise on your birthday.
Enjoy A Discount From The Macy’s App
If you haven’t downloaded Macy’s app yet, now is the perfect time to do so. By downloading it from the Google Play Store or iTunes, you will receive a 25% discount on the first item you buy through the app.
Apart from its new app user discount, Macy’s app also offers the following cool features:
- Receive the latest updates on new deals and sales promos
- Be alerted on price discounts for items on your wishlist
- Use the app’s barcode scanner to check online prices in-store
- Get quick access to your Star Rewards and Macy’s credit card accounts
- Take a picture of the clothes you fancy, and the app will check Macy’s current inventory for products that match
You might also like: Costco Online Shopping & More Ways To Maximize Your Savings
Buy Your Item Online, Pick It Up In Store
Macy’s offers a Buy Online, Pick Up In-Store option that allows you to select items you want to purchase from the online store, and then pick them up from your nearest physical store the same day.
This option is not only super convenient but also gives you a 15-20% discount the next time you buy in-store, as long as you do it within 30 days.
One Day Sale And Friends And Family Sale Events
Macy’s has always been generous when it comes to offering regular sales promos, as evidenced by its One Day Sale and Friends & Family Sale events.
The One Day Sale happens each month, usually around the third week. But on special occasions, like Christmas for instance, sometimes there are multiple One Day Sale events in a single month.
It’s technically not just a one-day sale but often involves a preview day on a Friday, with the sale itself extending into Saturday.
As for the Friends & Family Sale, it’s held every April and December of each year. Although it’s not as frequent as the One Day Sale, the Friends & Family sale still has a lot to offer.
Shoppers can use a promo code to get a 30% discount on all regular, sale, and clearance prices. They can also take advantage of an up to 25% discount on specific, limited departments.
Do Away With The $10.95 Shipping Fee
Yes, you can actually skip the shipping fee by doing any of the following:
- Choose specific beauty items (like chapsticks or masks) in order to get free shipping on any sized order. Sure, do pay for the items in order to get the free shipping, but you get to take home quality products as well.
- Select the free in-store pickup option on as many items as you like, as long as they’re available from a Macy’s shop near you.
- Make sure your shopping cart’s total amount is at least $99 in order to automatically get free shipping.
There are times when the prices online and in-store don’t match. Comparing them in real-time can prove tricky, but not if you have Macy’s app installed on your mobile device.
So here’s what you do: Go to a physical Macy’s store, scan the item using the app’s barcode scanner, check it against the price online, and then find out if there’s a price difference.
What’s even cooler is that you can even take advantage of an online coupon if the item you’re eyeing qualifies for promos.
Have Your Bill Adjusted Within 10 Days After Purchasing
I hate to find a great deal, make a purchase on to find out the price of the item I just bought had dropped after a few days. The good news is that you can contact Macy’s Customer Service and request a bill adjustment.
As long as the item you purchased qualifies, you should be golden.
Keep An Eye Out For In-Store And Online Rebates
Macy’s offers new rebates every month, not only for in-store purchases, but also for those items purchased online. Of course, you’ll need to make sure that the item qualifies.
Also, you’ll be happy to know that you can use these rebates together with your sales at Macy’s and coupon discounts to further increase your savings.
Purchase Beauty Items With Free Gifts
Gift-with-purchase promos are routinely offered at Macy’s, especially for specific well-known brands. We recommend that you always watch out for these special offers to be able to get free Macy’s samples kits and other exciting giveaways.
The Last Act Section Is Your Friend
Macy’s Last Act section is where it places its items marked down for clearance. Just remember what the tags signify when you check it out.
For instance, yellow tags with prices ending with 6 mean that their prices are their final markdown, while blue tags ending in 3 have yet to be marked down.
You might also like: 9 Things You Should Always Buy At Dollar Tree
Use Macy’s Gift Cards Wisely
You can actually get discounts of up to 10% through Macy’s gift cards. For example, when you encounter an incentive discount when purchasing with a Macy’s credit card, choose a Macy’s gift card in order to enjoy savings.
With these shopping tips, you’ll be able to spend less and save more money on your next visit to Macy’s.
Stick Around & Check These Out:
- 20Mule Team Borax Tips & Tricks
- Printable BOGO Coupon Sale Chart – everyone needs this free printable
- This Mexican Taco Pile On Recipe is the best
- Just Add Water Pancake Mix Recipe you can use to make bulk batches
- Fluz App Tutorial – if you don’t have this app you’re missing out
- Penny Items At Home Depot and how to find them
- Did You know That You Could Be Shopping For Free? Just follow these tips to find out how.
- DIY Dollar Tree Spice Rack – so simple, I love mine.
- This Peppa Kitchen Playset Is On Your Kids Wishlist – you know it is
- Your Pool Noodle Site DollarTree.com Is Where These Amazing Crafts Start – you have to see them to believe them.