It’s always fun to find another classic dinner recipe that your family loves and is simple to make yet delicious. Well, that may sound like a tall order, but today we have it for you: Chicken Empanadas. They are simple, yet delicious and cost effective, too.
One of my favorite revisions is my chicken empanadas. I hope you like these delicious little pastries.
- 1 whole chicken (add bouillon for a little added flavor)
- Favorite seasonings (chili powder, salt, pepper, garlic, cayenne, etc)
- Bag of your favorite frozen or fresh corn
- Shredded cheese
- 1 8oz pkg cream cheese
- **option refried beans for inside or on the side. Boil 1 whole chicken (add bouillon for a little added flavor)
- Boil 1 whole chicken (add bouillon for a little added flavor).
- Pull the meat off the bone.
- Toss the pulled chicken with your chosen seasonings.
- Add cooked corn and cream cheese to the mixture.
- Add shredded cheese (cheddar, Monterrey Jack, or Pepper Jack).
Pie Crust Recipe:
- Roll out your pie crust and using a cookie cutter
- Cut round circles.
- Spoon mixture into pie crust circles.
- Close circles by brushing with either egg or water and mash the edges together with a fork.
- Use a teaspoon or a tablespoon to spoon the mixture into the center of the circles.
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with beans, rice, or cheese sauce!