Susan is back with another recipe – this one is an Artichoke and Rice Salad!
- 1 box of Fried Rice flavored Rice-a-Roni
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 cups water
- 1 jar Marinated Artichokes
- 1—8 oz can Sliced Water Chestnuts
- 8 large Green Olives (Stuffed with Pimientos)
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise (preferably Kraft)
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- 1—10 oz can chicken
- 1 stalk of celery
- Saute the Rice-a-Roni in the butter.
- Add the water and cook the Rice-a-Roni until done.
- Drain the artichokes and reserve the liquid.
- Chop the artichokes, olives, onion and celery.
- Combine all the ingredients, including the liquid from the artichokes.
- Refrigerate until cold, preferably overnight.
However, we ate some right away and it was pretty tasty.