Artichoke And Rice Salad
Susan is back with another recipe – this one is an Cold Rice A Roni Salad With Artichokes!
If you like artichokes and rice then you’ll love this recipe for sure.
You Might Also Like: Mediterranean Spinach Salad with Artichokes and Capers!
Fun Fact: Did you know it takes 85-100 days to grow an artichoke? Compared to tomatoes that can often be grown in just 60 days and radishes take only around 20+ days.
This recipe is super simple yet deolicious and quick, too!
If you love this recipe be sure to hit the share button on the right side of the page to help others find it!
- 1 box of Fried Rice flavored Rice-a-Roni
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 cups water
- 1 jar Marinated Artichokes
- 1—8 oz can Sliced Water Chestnuts
- 8 large Green Olives (Stuffed with Pimientos)
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise (preferably Kraft)
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- 1—10 oz can chicken
- 1 stalk of celery
You Might Also Like: Turkey Egg Salad!
- Saute the Rice a Roni salad in the butter.
- Add the water and cook the Rice-a-Roni until done.
- Drain the artichokes and reserve the liquid.
- Chop the artichokes, olives, onion and celery.
- Combine all the ingredients, including the liquid from the artichokes.
- Refrigerate until cold, preferably overnight.
However, we ate some of the rice a roni salad with artichokes right away and it was pretty tasty.