Honestly not being a baker I would have never thought of making a mango pie. This simple and delicious deep dish pie recipe will be the hit of any occasion from after dinner to a party. People will be begging you for the recipe.
Take a look at this mango cobbler turned deep dish pie that Susan has for use today.
Deep Dish Mango Pie
Susan is here again to share her Deep Dish Mango Pie recipe with us: >
My husband had a birthday last week. He is really old…..haha. My, my, my……he can walk in the door after work and my heart skips a beat……after all these years.
This week, we celebrated the anniversary of our first date….36 years ago. That was on February 2nd and I love to hear him tell the story of the first time he laid eyes on me in Chemistry Lab.
It took him 6 months to get me to go out with him, but that first “study date”, I knew I wanted to marry him. I have been cooking for him ever since.
I asked him what birthday dessert he wanted this year and he said……Mango Pie. I should have known that by now. When we were young, he would ask for a Black Forest Cake.
Then, for a few years, he would ask for this awesome dessert called a Fantastic Dessert (kind of a pudding cake).
You Might Also Like: Gluten Free Cheesecake With Raspberry Topping
But ever since he tasted Grady Spears Mango Cobbler, it is his favorite. So, here is my version.
Deep Dish Mango Pie
- About 3.5 cups of mangoes….5 ish
- 1/3 Cup Flower
- 1 1/4 cups sugar (cut this down to 3/4 cup for a lower sugar pie)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 2 pie crusts
You Might Also Like: 38 Desserts And Sweets For Your Next Gathering – Includes Sugar-Free Options
- Peel and slice about 5 mangoes.
- Mix the mangoes, flour, sugar, and cinnamon together in a bowl.
- Lay out a pie crust in a pie plate.
- Pour the mango mixture in to the pie crust and dot with 1/2 stick butter.
- Top with other pie crust. Crimp edges and cut a couple of slits in the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Cover with foil for the first hour and uncover the last 15 minutes.