Susan is back with another yummy recipe! This time she is cooking Enchilada Casserole:
Well, I have been wanting to experiment with my own chili/enchilada sauce and this turned out pretty tasty. I am going to make it for the Super Bowl party and see what everyone else thinks. This recipe is for 2 or 3 people so, double….triple….whatever you need.
Enchilada Casserole Recipe
I always have a large bottle of dried Ranch dressing mix and a large bottle of McCormick’s Taco Seasoning (which is gluten free).
I also keep all red pepper flakes that come with pizza and I make sure and ask for it. I never have to actually buy it and we use it all the time.
The only thing in this recipe that is not something I always have on hand are the dried peppers. Regular salt can be substituted for sea salt.
Also, if you need this to be gluten free, leave out the Ranch dressing mix.
Enchilada Casserole (Can be gluten-free)
- 2 dried Ancho Peppers
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 large garlic pods
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tabs taco seasoning
- 1 tabs ranch dressing mix
- 1/3 cup light sour cream
- 4 corn tortillas
- 1 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- Cut the seeds out of the dried peppers.
- Boil 1/2 cup of the water and put the peppers in the water.
- Cook for 10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat
- Let the peppers sit for about 15 minutes to soften.
- Chop the garlic pods
- Sauté garlic in the oil.
– In a blender add:
- cup of water
- ranch dressing mix
- garlic. Blend until smooth. Add the sour cream and blend.
- Cook the ground beef
- Mix the enchilada sauce with the meat and heat for a couple of minutes.
- In a square pan, layer 1/2 the meat and sauce
- Layer the tortillas next
- Top those with the rest of the meat sauce.
- Put the cheddar cheese on top.
Bake on 350 for 30 minutes.
Hi, my name is Susan and I am a mother of four and a grandmother to 5 and that, along with my husband and 2 dogs, take up my most of my time. I am a side-tracked Home Executive and I had the privilege of being a stay –at-home mom so, you might say that my passion is the home and making a haven for those I love. I am quite skilled at shopping 🙂 and finding a bargain just makes my day.