Susan is back with another great recipe: Gluten Free Strawberry Oatmeal Bars!
While in Angel Fire this past week with my family, I wanted to make some kind of Oatmeal Bars for my gluten-free daughter because she LOVES Oatmeal Bars. So I did a search and came up with a recipe for Black Raspberry Oatmeal Bars. I wanted strawberry flavor instead, so here is my version. The gluten-free version didn’t cut into bars very well but it tasted great.
GLUTEN-FREE STRAWBERRY OATMEAL BARS
- 1 pkg yellow cake mix (Betty Crocker Gluten-Free, if needed)
- 2 1/2 cups quick cooking oats (Bob’s Red Mill, Gluten-Free, if needed)
- 1 stick of butter, melted
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- >1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 10 oz container strawberry preserves
- 1 tsp water
- 1 tsp lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 375 and grease 9 X 13 pan.
2. In large bowl, mix together:
- cake mix
- 2 cups oats
3. Add more oats a little at a time until dough begins to form big clumps. (Discard anything left over.) 4. In another bowl, mix strawberry preserves, water, and lemon juice. Press 1/2 the dough in the pan. Spread on the preserve mixture, keep it away from the very edges so that it doesn’t burn. Sprinkle remaining dough mixture on top. 4. Bake for 18-20 minutes, until the top crust is browned lightly.
Hi, my name is Susan and . I am a mother of four and a grandmother to 5 and that, along with my husband and 2 dogs, take up my most of my time. I am a side-tracked Home Executive and I had the privilege of being a stay –at-home mom so, you might say that my passion is the home and making a haven for those I love. I am quite skilled at shopping 🙂 and finding a bargain just makes my day.