Pork Chop Parmesan Recipe
Susan is back with another great recipe: Pork Chop Parmesan.
Last week, I shared that I went to visit my kids in Georgia at Ft. Benning. Nice Captain’s quarters!
The first night, we had an awesome pork chop recipe and I thought I would share it with you. This was my son’s contribution to the weekend’s food frenzy.
We had so many great recipes but most of them were at my daughter-in-law’s hand and I will share a couple more of those later. I thought this was a nice twist to the familiar chicken dish.
4 thin pork chops
Light sprinkling of salt, pepper, garlic, rosemary and thyme
2 tbsp olive oil
2 egg whites
1 cup (or more, if needed) Bread crumbs
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
Spaghetti Sauce (any brand or homemade)
3/4 cup mozzarella
1/4 cup Parmesan
Whole wheat spaghetti noodles (4 servings)
- Sprinkle the pork chops lightly with garlic, salt, pepper, rosemary and thyme
- Mix the bread crumbs with the red pepper flakes
- Dip the pork in egg white and then dip them in the bread crumb mixture
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet
- Sauté the pork chops in the oil until thoroughly cooked
- About 4-5 minutes per side
- Preheat the oven to 375
- Put the pork in an oven safe pan
- Pour a little of the spaghetti sauce over the top and then sprinkle the mozzarella and Parmesan over the top, evenly spread between the 4 chops.
- Cook in the oven for about 5 minutes, until the cheese is completely melted
- Serve with spaghetti noodles and sauce.
Hi, my name is Susan and I love cooking, watching the Food Network, reading cookbooks and, of course, eating. I am also an artist and spend time each week in my studio (bedroom) oil painting. I am a mother of four and a grandmother to 5 and that, along with my husband and 2 dogs, take up my most of my time. I am a side-tracked Home Executive and I had the privilege of being a stay –at-home mom so, you might say that my passion is the home and making a haven for those I love.