Red Eyes And Fries Recipe
Susan is back with another great recipe: Red Eyes & Fries!
So, here it is. It really isn’t even a recipe, just a layering of things….so….kind of cheating. But here goes anyway:
Red Eyes And Fries Serves 2
- 1 can of Wolf Brand Chili (preferably the lean kind)
- 2 large baking potatoes
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/4 onion chopped
- 1.5 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp-1 tsp of Cajun Seasoning – Tony Chacheres
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Cut up your potatoes in the shape of French Fries,
- Toss with oil and seasonings.
- Bake on 400 degrees for about 30 minutes…or until they are either crispy or soft….depending on how you like them. I like them soft and my husband likes them crispy….so mine are cut fatter.
- Heat the chili in a pan. Or make some from scratch….whatever……but nothing really beats Wolf Brand.
- Chop your onion
- Grate your cheese.
- Now layer….potatoes, chili, cheese and top with onions. Seriously hard, right?
Now you have Red Eyes and Fries. Great football watching food!
So, even though it is simple, this is my recipe. Anyone can make it….even my friend Dian at GSFF, though she will probably figure out a way to get free Frozen Birdseye French Fries to use. That is because she is the QUEEN of free things.
Hi, my name is Susan and I love cooking, watching the Food Network, reading cookbooks and, of course, eating. I am also an artist and spend time each week in my studio (bedroom) oil painting. I am a mother of four and a grandmother to 5 and that, along with my husband and 2 dogs, take up my most of my time. I am a side-tracked Home Executive and I had the privilege of being a stay –at-home mom so, you might say that my passion is the home and making a haven for those I love.