Susan is back again with a great recipe by her hubby, Steve! This is his Roasted Poblano Pepper Chicken Salad! Author: Steve Merritt Ingredients
- 1/4 Rotisserie Chicken (2 or 3 pieces chopped)
- 1/2 Poblano Pepper (roasted for 10 minutes at 400 degrees and chopped)
- 1/3 cup Pecans (toasted and chopped)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1 tbsp horseradish mayo (or just a touch of straight horseradish)
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 tsp garlic
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- salt to taste
- Mix it all together and serve on toasted bread, on a tomato or avocado half, or with crackers.
This tasty little treat was made by my husband, the King of Chicken Salad. It is his specialty and he never makes it the same. The kids used to say that his style of cooking was to open the frig and pull out everything he could find…..mix it together into a casserole or soup….and Voila! Supper! He has a knack for putting together flavors and though they made fun of his methods, they always ate every bite. This is what he does with chicken salad. Check out this other blog post I made last year of one of his chicken salads…..Mediterranean Chicken Salad.