Couscous is very easy to make if you are in need of a quick meal. My boys actually prefer it over rice!
Couscous comes in a whole grain version too!
- 1 1/4 Cup Vegetable Stock
- 1 Cup Couscous
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Garlic Clove, Pressed
- 3/4 Cup Zucchini, Chopped
- 4 Large Mushrooms, Sliced
- 1/2 Cup Grape Tomatoes, Cut in Half
- 1 Teaspoon Basil
- Dash of Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
Heat oven to 350 degrees. In a saucepan heat vegetable stock to a boil. Add couscous, stir and return to a boil. Place the lid on the pan and remove from heat. Let the couscous sit for 5 minutes.
In a skillet heat olive oil. Add garlic, zucchini and mushrooms. Saute for about 5 minutes or until soft.
Add tomatoes and cook for another minute.
Place couscous in a small casserole dish. Add vegetables to couscous and mix. Add dash of balsamic vinegar and basil. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Use vegetables you have on hand- onions, bell peppers, yellow squash or eggplant would also be good.
- Experiment with spices. Curry is a popular spice to use on couscous.
- Add diced chicken and make it a whole meal!
Renae is a married working mom of two boys. She is the author of How to Have it All and writes about Kroger Deals, Easy Recipes, Life With Boys and so much more. Join her as she journey’s through motherhood juggling work, raising kids and saving money.