I received a sample of affresh Dishwasher and Disposal Cleaner to try recently.
The day I received I was ready for it, we had had some fish the night before and it mixed with something else in the disposal and wow – did it need something!
So, I was happy when it arrived. They are round tablets and come in individual small plastic bags.
As soon as you open the resealable bag that has them all in it, you can smell the fresh scent – kind of lemony – I liked it right away.
So, you are supposed to throw it in the disposal, run it with hot water for 15 seconds and then turn off the water and disposal and let it sit 30 minutes and then flush it with hot water.
It did a great job! I put the stopper in while it sat for 30 minutes, too. But, it smelled wonderful after that I was very pleased.
I then got excited about trying it in the dishwasher. I was out of the final rinse stuff so it needed a good cleaning.
You just empty the dishwasher and pop 1 –2 tablets in it and let it run! It was easy and I was happy with the results!
Here’s some more info you might find interesting:
- What? To keep smelly kitchen odor at bay and ensure appliance workhorses run smoothly, Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) introduces the new affresh® Dishwasher and Disposal Cleaner, the only two-in-one cleaner for dishwashers and garbage disposals. Affresh® Dishwasher and Disposal Cleaner is safe for septic tanks, dishwashers, disposals and plumbing, and is the #1 recommended cleaner by KitchenAid, Whirlpool, Maytag and Amana brands.
- Why? All brands of dishwashers and garbage disposals have the potential for odor if not properly cleaned, as indicated in the Use & Care guide, especially when dishes sit in the dishwasher for multiple days or when food particles are not completely rinsed away. Until now, no other product on the market removed both dishwasher and garbage disposal odors. Whirlpool developed affresh® Dishwasher and Disposal Cleaner, an extension of the affresh® washer cleaner brand, to clean unseen particles that can cause odor. To ensure maximum performance, Whirlpool recommends a monthly use or as needed for a cleaner, fresher dishwasher and disposal.
- How? To use, place one tablet in the main dishwasher detergent tray and another tablet in the prewash tray or in the bottom of the dishwasher. Run on the heaviest cycle – without dishes – using the hottest wash temperature to activate the affresh chemistry to dissolve and neutralize odor, leaving behind a crisp citrus scent.
If you have a garbage disposal, you should follow up with a tablet in the disposal to remove odor in the drain pipe, which connects to the dishwasher. To clean the garbage disposal, place one tablet into the disposal, slowly run hot water through the disposal for 15 seconds. Turn off water and disposal, and wait 30 minutes before flushing with hot water.
- Availability: Retailers nationwide including Sears, Best Buy, Lowe’s, Kroger and Food Lion, and www.affresh.com. The Affresh® tablets are available via a subscription through the Web site to help consumers save time and money.
- MSRP: $5.99 for a package of six tablets
- About Whirlpool Corporation : Whirlpool Corporation is the world’s leading manufacturer and marketer of major home appliances, with annual sales of approximately $19 billion in 2008, 70,000 employees, and 67 manufacturing and technology research centers around the world. The company markets Whirlpool, Maytag, KitchenAid, Jenn-Air, Amana, Brastemp, Consul, Bauknecht and other major brand names to consumers in nearly every country around the world. Additional information about the company can be found at http://www.whirlpoolcorp.com.
I wrote this review while participating in a campaign by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of affresh and received product samples and a promotional item to thank me for taking the time to participate. www.momcentral.com/mcc