Here is another great recipe from my friend Susan!
I first thought when Susan made this recipe that it was made of Buffalo! She assured me it wasn’t. This is a simple and easy dish that covers all the bases for a good healthy meal!
This is a super easy dish that can be made with either beef or chicken depending on your own preference. It’s quick to throw together and cooks less than an hour.
If your family loves southwest flavors then this would be a perfect dish for you. There’s minimal prep work, so it’s great to throw together quickly when you don’t have a lot of time to create a gourmet meal… I never have time for that! lol But, I digress..
Without further ado, here is Susan’s Southwest Buffalo Bowl Recipe:
- 12 oz Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 1 16 oz bag frozen carrots
- 1 poblano pepper
- 1 med onion
- 1/8 cup Frank’s Wing Sauce
- 1/3 cup HEB brand SW Marinade
- 8 oz ground beef
- 1 jalepeno
- 1/4 cup low fat cheese
- Optional: Top with sour cream and cheese (not pictured)
1. Chop the onions, pepper, and potatoes in bite size pieces.
2. Mix 1/4 cup HEB brand SW Marinade and 1/8 cup Frank’s Wing Sauce. Toss 1/2 onion, carrots, potatoes, and poblano pepper into the marinade and wing sauce mixture. Spread out in a pan…..trying to get it into a single layer.
3. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
4. In a skillet, brown the beef. Add the other half of onion and the jalepeno (chopped). Cook the until the onion and pepper are tender.
5. Put some of the cooked potato mixture into a bowl. Top it with some of the meat mixture. Top with the rest of the marinade.
6. If you want, add some cheese and sour cream.
So, there you have it – hopefully your family’s new favorite meal. Hopefully because it’s so quick and easy to make – the whole family can be fed in no time. No more hungry monsters waiting while you slave in a hot kitchen for hours.
Hi, my name is Susan, I love cooking, watching the Food Network, reading cookbooks and, of course, eating. I am also an artist and spend time each week in my studio (bedroom) oil painting. I am a mother of four and a grandmother to 5 and that, along with my husband and 2 dogs, take up my most of my time. I am a side-tracked Home Executive and I had the privilege of being a stay –at-home mom so, you might say that my passion is the home and making a haven for those I love. I am quite skilled at shopping 🙂 and finding a bargain just makes my day.