Here is another great recipe from my friend Susan! I first thought when Susan made this recipe that it was made of Buffalo! She assured me it wasn’t. This is a simple and easy dish that covers all the bases for a good healthy meal!
SOUTHWEST BUFFALO BOWL
- 12 oz Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 1 16 oz bag frozen carrots
- 1 poblano pepper
- 1 med onion
- 1/8 cup Frank’s Wing Sauce
- 1/3 cup HEB brand SW Marinade
- 8 oz ground beef
- 1 jalepeno
- 1/4 cup low fat cheese
- Optional: Top with sour cream and cheese (not pictured)
- Chop the onions, pepper, and potatoes in bite size pieces.
- Mix 1/4 cup HEB brand SW Marinade and 1/8 cup Frank’s Wing Sauce. Toss 1/2 onion, carrots, potatoes, and poblano pepper into the marinade and wing sauce mixture. Spread out in a pan…..trying to get it into a single layer.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
- In a skillet, brown the beef. Add the other half of onion and the jalepeno (chopped). Cook the until the onion and pepper are tender.
- Put some of the cooked potato mixture into a bowl. Top it with some of the meat mixture. Top with the rest of the marinade.
- If you want, add some cheese and sour cream.
Hi, my name is Susan, I love cooking, watching the Food Network, reading cookbooks and, of course, eating. I am also an artist and spend time each week in my studio (bedroom) oil painting. I am a mother of four and a grandmother to 5 and that, along with my husband and 2 dogs, take up my most of my time. I am a side-tracked Home Executive and I had the privilege of being a stay –at-home mom so, you might say that my passion is the home and making a haven for those I love. I am quite skilled at shopping 🙂 and finding a bargain just makes my day.