The 2019 Ford Edge SUV: Everything You Need To Know
I love it when Ford brings me a car to drive for a week. I love testing out all the new features each one has.
This time they brought me a 2019 Ford Edge SUV and I LOVE it! It was so comfortable and handled so well. It felt like a luxury vehicle.
Due to increasing prices of gasoline and the maintenance cost of cars, a lot of people are considering downsizing their vehicles. However, there are also good reasons you should consider owning and driving an SUV.
Driving an SUV feels a lot safer because of its size. Plus, if you have a big family you need a larger vehicle to fit everyone in one vehicle.
You Might Also Like This: The All New 2018 Ford Expedition Limited Max Is One Sweet Ride!
Introducing The 2019 Ford Edge SUV
Ford is a game changer when it comes to introducing new and improved SUVs in the market, like the 2019 Ford Edge SUV.
The 2019 Ford Edge SUV is a great value. It comes with dual-zone automatic climate control, Ford’s Sync 3 system that provides connectivity to Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, a 10-way power driver’s seat, six-way power passenger seat, and a large 8-inch infotainment screen.
If you’re looking for a crossover SUV that is comfortable but won’t break the bank, the 2019 Ford Edge SUV is a great choice.
The 2019 Ford Edge has a larger cargo area plus the second row has more leg room.
Ford also updated the Edge’s powertrain. The standard turbocharged four-cylinder engine now has 250 horsepower and comes with a new eight-speed automatic transmission. It offers advanced safety features like blind-spot monitoring and automatic emergency braking.
The 2019 Ford Edge SUV comes with an optional Sync 3 infotainment system. It has Android Auto and Apple CarPlay for you to connect your devices plus a host of driver assistance and convenience aids.
Since it has an 8-inch touchscreen with hard key shortcuts, it can be easier to carry out basic tasks. It also has a reliable voice command.
One of my favorite features of the one I drove was the double sunroof. Most cars I have driven have a sunroof for the front seat but, this one goes all the way back to the backseat for everyone to enjoy.
- Auto High-beam Headlamps
- Autolamp (automatic on/off headlamps) Wiper-activated
- Intermittent speed-sensitive front windshield wipers
- Rear window defroster with washer and dual speed wiper
- Power Glass, Manual-Folding mirrors
- Black exterior mirror caps
- Body-color door handles
- Body-color rear spoiler
- Black lower cladding
- Exhaust Tip, Dual — Brushed Stainless Steel
- Solar-tinted front door and windshield glass
- Privacy glass on rear doors, quarter and liftgate windows
- Bright grille
- Black beltline molding
- LED Configurable daytime running lamps (DRL)
- LED Tail Lamps with Amber Turn Signals
- Rain-sensing wipers
- Climate Control, Manual Single Zone
- Cabin Particulate Air Filter
- Manual tilt/telescoping steering column
- Front console with armrest, storage tray, and two cupholders
- Overhead console with holder for sunglasses
- Day/night rearview mirror
- Auto-dimming interior rearview mirror
- Dual-illuminated vanity visor mirrors with sliding feature
- Driver and Front-Passenger Seat Back Map Pockets
- Cupholders (8)
- Cargo Management System
- Four 12-volt powerpoints
- Power windows with one-touch-up/down driver’s side window feature
- Power door locks with autolock feature
- Front and rear map lights
- Front and rear dome and cargo lamps Second Row Dome LED Lights
- Battery Saver
- Front and rear carpeted floor mats
- Four Grab Handles
- Cargo net
- Liftgate assist handle
- Easy Fuel® Capless Fuel Filler
- Intelligent Access with Push-Button Start
- BLIS® (Blind Spot Information System) with Cross-Traffic Alert
- Intelligent Oil-Life Monitor®
- Locking Glove Compartment
- Outside Temperature Display
- Steering wheel with cruise, secondary audio and 5-way controls
- Cruise control
- Lane-Keeping System
- Smart Charging USB port (1)
- Pre-Collision Assist with Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB)
- Reclining front bucket seats
- Cloth seats
- 60/40 Split-Fold-Flat and Reclining Bench with Fold-Down Armrest
- FordPass Connect with Wifi Hotspot
- AM/FM Stereo
- SiriusXM™ Radio
You Might Also Like This: 2018 Ford EcoSport: My Week Driving This Sweet Ride!
When it comes to your family, you want only the best, especially if you’re spending a lot of money. The 2019 Ford Edge SUV has a lot of bang for your buck and is a great investment.
Head to Ford and take a test drive today!