I was compensated for this post. All opinions are mine.
I had the opportunity to tour TLC Schools in Arlington, Texas this week with my beautiful Daughter In Law, who is pregnant with her first :). I know I have mentioned that before, but, what can I say I am excited!
I was really impressed with what I found. I have worked in Day Care Centers and they have been fine. But, this was like no other I had been in. Now, I will say it’s been a few years since I have been in a daycare or school, so the things that excited me might be common place.
When we arrived we noticed right way that the school was much larger than it appeared from the outside, so that was a plus and much more organized and well put together than others I have seen.
They teach the babies baby sign language which is so awesome, I love that it allows them to tells us what they want and cuts down on their frustration of not being able to communicate their needs.
My daughter has a friend that taught her kids and it was so fun to watch them be able to talk with her before they could verbally talk!
They have a media room where the kids can gather to go on virtual field trips and watch educational shows, they have a computer room where they start introducing them to technology at the age of three, they have a gym that is glassed in and has a wall of mirrors, so they can interact with passersby and enjoy watching themselves in the mirrors. The gym is completely enclosed so they can use their “outdoor” voices in there even on cold or rainy days when outdoor play is not optimal.
I love how large the rooms are and the care taken to organize them, yet have them fun and full of life for the kids!
The playgrounds are great and they have covered play equipment and well as a open field for soccer and running! They have a large splash pad for the kids to have fun with waterplay, too! They have a library where I saw some experiments happening, too!
They provide services for infants thru age 12, and have an after school program, as well.
There is a ton of great stuff going on there, if you have never had the chance to visit one, you can drop in anytime for a tour or head over to their website and schedule a tour.
They also offer a free Pre-K Survival Guide that parents can download.
More info about TLC Schools:
- Locally Owned and Operated for nearly 30 years
- Voted Best In Child Care by Living Magazine 2014
- 3 schools in the Metroplex: one in Arlington adn 2 in the Legacy area of Plano
- More than a child care center. TLC Schools maximizes children’s potential by finding the right balance between learning, nurturing, and fun
- State-of-the-art facilities, including a computer room at each campus, utilized by all TLC children at age 2
- Age-appropriate outdoor playgrounds
- Splash grounds and a swimming pool (at Hegecoxe) offer another element of fun to children and Summer Campers (school aged children though age 12) in the summer
- Curriculum based early childhood education, encouraging exploration, discovery, and development through fun learning, music, and language.
- Child care for infants through age 12 (after school and Summer Camp programs)
- AdvancED Accredited
- Tours available anytime
- Open enrollment